Tossing and turning, creative unrest. . .

‘the simple adventures of everyday life’ is a collection of creative thoughts and ideas that have kept me up at night. Included, are Original Hand-Made Wedding Invitations, cards, photographs, poetry and short stories.

My Dad was an extremely creative man, an artist, who lost many a nights sleep because of planning and building in his head….I’ve found that I’m exactly the same way. On many occasions, as I tried in vain to fall asleep, I had to get up and write down an idea…or perhaps a line of poetry, that if I indeed eventually would drift off, I was sure to forget by morning.

I have always loved weddings! My obsession has taken me to some wonderful collections (vintage wedding photos & wedding cake toppers, and maybe a few vintage wedding gowns....but that's another story). . .and recently, to designing custom wedding invitations under the name 'CaroleKancarDesignStudio'.





15 February, 2010

Vintage Cake Toppers. . .

One of my favorite collections are 'Vintage Wedding Cake Toppers'. At the moment, I have over 100 of them, from various eras. The more worn that they are, the better I like them. Here are just a few photos from my collection.

('Collection' story soon to be published)

2 comments:

eric kancar said...

hi mom
great photos highlighting a great collection!
love
eric

Anonymous said...

Hi Mom,
These are beautiful! You should use http://www.blurb.com to make a hardcover book of these.
love,
Todd