Tossing and turning, creative unrest. . .

‘the simple adventures of everyday life’ is a collection of creative thoughts and ideas that have kept me up at night. Included, are Original Hand-Made Wedding Invitations, cards, photographs, poetry and short stories.

My Dad was an extremely creative man, an artist, who lost many a nights sleep because of planning and building in his head….I’ve found that I’m exactly the same way. On many occasions, as I tried in vain to fall asleep, I had to get up and write down an idea…or perhaps a line of poetry, that if I indeed eventually would drift off, I was sure to forget by morning.

I have always loved weddings! My obsession has taken me to some wonderful collections (vintage wedding photos & wedding cake toppers, and maybe a few vintage wedding gowns....but that's another story). . .and recently, to designing custom wedding invitations under the name 'CaroleKancarDesignStudio'.





15 February, 2010

dream. . .

While I was watching an aerialist perform during one of the segments at the opening ceremonies of the Winter Olympics, it inspired me to write this poem about a dream that I often have.

I sometimes dream that I can fly,
A chance encounter with the sky.
My feet propel me off the wall,
On gentle breezes ne'er to fall.

I twist and turn amid my flight,
Soaring upward throughout the night.
I see the stars, with silver strands,
Their shining glow upon my hands.


I'm chasing stardust here and there,
A glowing halo on my hair.
The earth, a pearl beneath the skies,
Is silent now, no smiles, no cries.

The moon caresses me as I fly,
I take a breath, let out a sigh.
The shimmer of the moons sweet beams,
Brings me so close, that's how it seems.


I think I've touched an angels wing,
I've heard their song, I hear them sing. . .
A mesmerizing, lilting song,
I will be back, I won't be long.


On blessed wings I learn to soar,
My very soul at Heaven's door.
Moving air beneath my breast,
My dream is done. . .it's time to rest.

2 comments:

eric kancar said...

mom
i too have a dream all the time that i can fly. a hereditary dream i guess!
love
eric

Anonymous said...

Carole Love this photo and the poem that goes with it. Looking at this photo of the night sky again brings back many great memories I have from my childhood, wouldn't trade that childhood for anything.. I guess I must have spent alot of time as a kid looking at the night sky???
Love Jerry