Tossing and turning, creative unrest. . .

‘the simple adventures of everyday life’ is a collection of creative thoughts and ideas that have kept me up at night. Included, are Original Hand-Made Wedding Invitations, cards, photographs, poetry and short stories.

My Dad was an extremely creative man, an artist, who lost many a nights sleep because of planning and building in his head….I’ve found that I’m exactly the same way. On many occasions, as I tried in vain to fall asleep, I had to get up and write down an idea…or perhaps a line of poetry, that if I indeed eventually would drift off, I was sure to forget by morning.

I have always loved weddings! My obsession has taken me to some wonderful collections (vintage wedding photos & wedding cake toppers, and maybe a few vintage wedding gowns....but that's another story). . .and recently, to designing custom wedding invitations under the name 'CaroleKancarDesignStudio'.





08 February, 2010

epitaph. . .

I watch the dancers and I want to dance,
I, want to be the dancer.
I hear the singers and I want to sing,
I, want to be the singer.
I see the paintings and I want to paint,
I, want to be the artist.
And in my next life, I will be all of these things.

2 comments:

eric kancar said...

hi mom
love the posts! you are an artist in this life...you can also sing!
i was telling todd that looking at your bowling alleys photos...they are amazing...you have reached a new level in skill. thanks for them by the way!
love
eric
ps-i will be posting tonight too.

Anonymous said...

Oh, carole , what words these are....you see so much and feel so much in that gentle heart of yours. You are so much the artist now, and all the creative talent that you are blessed with in this life will surely follow a thousandfold into heaven ...love you , jeannie