Tossing and turning, creative unrest. . .

‘the simple adventures of everyday life’ is a collection of creative thoughts and ideas that have kept me up at night. Included, are Original Hand-Made Wedding Invitations, cards, photographs, poetry and short stories.

My Dad was an extremely creative man, an artist, who lost many a nights sleep because of planning and building in his head….I’ve found that I’m exactly the same way. On many occasions, as I tried in vain to fall asleep, I had to get up and write down an idea…or perhaps a line of poetry, that if I indeed eventually would drift off, I was sure to forget by morning.

I have always loved weddings! My obsession has taken me to some wonderful collections (vintage wedding photos & wedding cake toppers, and maybe a few vintage wedding gowns....but that's another story). . .and recently, to designing custom wedding invitations under the name 'CaroleKancarDesignStudio'.





15 October, 2010

Sweet October


A deep breath. . .the beautiful woody scent of wet leaves,
a smell that imbeds in my being.
A smile on my face, as branches sway and whisper ‘goodbye’,
their leaves tumble to the ground acknowledging their demise. . .
they waltz to the windy music, a last dance.
Pumpkins, gourds, corn stalks. . .stand watch over the
radiant autumn countryside. . .
while flickering jack-o-lanterns peer eerily in darkness.
Like a child, I walk through piled leaves. . .
the rustling sound brings a giddiness to my heart!
I dwell on the mesmerizing sights, sounds, and smells . .
Oh, sweet October, if only you could linger on.


1 comment:

eric kancar said...

love the photos mom! you are building quite a nice photography portfolio for yourself! you describe fall perfectly! this october has been ho-hum however, more rain than nice days :(