Tossing and turning, creative unrest. . .

‘the simple adventures of everyday life’ is a collection of creative thoughts and ideas that have kept me up at night. Included, are Original Hand-Made Wedding Invitations, cards, photographs, poetry and short stories.

My Dad was an extremely creative man, an artist, who lost many a nights sleep because of planning and building in his head….I’ve found that I’m exactly the same way. On many occasions, as I tried in vain to fall asleep, I had to get up and write down an idea…or perhaps a line of poetry, that if I indeed eventually would drift off, I was sure to forget by morning.

I have always loved weddings! My obsession has taken me to some wonderful collections (vintage wedding photos & wedding cake toppers, and maybe a few vintage wedding gowns....but that's another story). . .and recently, to designing custom wedding invitations under the name 'CaroleKancarDesignStudio'.





11 May, 2012

if only. . .




If only there was time,
to catch a firefly. . .
to smell the summer grass,
and fly a kite so high.

If only there was time,
to paint the autumn sky. . .
to throw the leaves into the air,
and ponder reasons why.

If only there was time,
to dance on pastures green. . .
to splash my face with cooling waves,
to drift off in a dream.

But now it’s time to reminisce,
through summer, winter, fall. . .
I cherish all the spring times,
and wait for heaven’s call.


2 comments:

eric kancar said...

there's plenty of time!
enough of this talk.
love
eric

Anonymous said...

Broke down reading this. Certainly do alot of reminscing in my life, about family, friends and days gone by. Life as been good Carole for us, time is certainly slipping away. Bob Dillion said "Times are really Changing" HAPPY MOTHER"S DAY love Jerry