Tossing and turning, creative unrest. . .

‘the simple adventures of everyday life’ is a collection of creative thoughts and ideas that have kept me up at night. Included, are Original Hand-Made Wedding Invitations, cards, photographs, poetry and short stories.

My Dad was an extremely creative man, an artist, who lost many a nights sleep because of planning and building in his head….I’ve found that I’m exactly the same way. On many occasions, as I tried in vain to fall asleep, I had to get up and write down an idea…or perhaps a line of poetry, that if I indeed eventually would drift off, I was sure to forget by morning.

I have always loved weddings! My obsession has taken me to some wonderful collections (vintage wedding photos & wedding cake toppers, and maybe a few vintage wedding gowns....but that's another story). . .and recently, to designing custom wedding invitations under the name 'CaroleKancarDesignStudio'.





14 February, 2011

Photobooth


Oh, the ‘Photobooth’...remember how much fun they used to be? Little did we know that those old strips of 4 pictures would someday become a hot collectible. And although I am a true collector at heart, this is not one of my collections….not yet, anyway.

What I’ve put together here are all family members, including myself, my husband Jerry, our sons, Todd and Eric… an aunt, an uncle, a few cousins, a couple of grandmas, two  brothers, and a sister are all part of this ‘Photobooth’ collage.

It’s very unusual to find the 4 photos in tact as a strip, more than likely, since they were meant to be cut apart, you’ll find individual photos….some were kept, some given away. When you find some of these great little gems, you’ll notice that the poses vary from serious, almost portrait style, to downright silly..tongues out...noses up...kissy faces….and any other weird poses that one could think of doing in a very short period of time before the next photo was shot. That was the fun of it, not to mention the fact that they were instant...you didn’t have to wait for them to be developed….you had your photos in hand right then and there….and back then they only cost a quarter per strip.


If you look hard enough, you can come across photos from the ‘20s and ‘30s….that far back, since the Photobooth was invented in 1926. Photos from those eras and also WW II, are a great find. And even though photobooth’s are still around, somehow, they’re just not the same.


1 comment:

Jeff Winke said...

The photos from my wedding day are 3 strips from a photo booth machine. My husband and I are kind of
anti-wedding, at least for ourselves. We matted and framed them in a white mat and white frame. The store clerk looked at us with pity when we told her they were our wedding photos. Aaauggg-it's too bad you couldn't afford more. No we assured her-this was how we planned it. That's when she slowly backed away from us-these people are crazy! My daughter and her husband carried on the "family tradition" of photo booth pictures on their wedding day.(But they also had a real wedding too).